Broadcaster, Ray White, and the Jesuit Institute’s Fr Russell Pollitt SJ, are offering a 6-week Media Training Course which begins on 21 January 2016.
Outline of the Course
21 January 2017
Introduction to the course. The media landscape and its opportunities. Communicating today in a fast-paced world. Tell your story – write a statement!
28 January 2017
Interviews – types of interviews, being interviewed and interviewing. How to manage a media crisis: some do’s and definite don’ts!
4 February 2017
Radio shows, TV shows and public speaking. Become a pro!
11 February 2017
Social Media. Media ethics. Media Law.
18 February 2017
A visit to a radio/news outlet. Go behind the scenes and see how it all happens!
25 February 2017
Presentation day… you will leave here with proof of what you can do!
Some bits & bobs about this course…
- The course is over 6 consecutive Saturdays. It will be held at the Jesuit Institute – except for the 5th We advise you to do the whole course – what you put in is what you will get out! But, if you must, you can also choose once-off sessions to attend
- The course balances theory and practice
- You will learn plenty of practical skills!
- You will get a chance to practice and sharpen the skills you learn
- You will leave the course with a presentation you can take to media agencies so that they can see just how good you are!
- Tea/Coffee will be provided
The bottom line…
Full course: R4,500 (deposit R1000)
Single sessions: R850 (deposit R200)
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the registration form HERE